Vistula, parks, outdoor bars, markets, new museums- these places you cannot miss in Warsaw this summer.
1. MUSEUM OF WARSAW, Old Town Market Square 28-42, www.muzeumwarszawy.pl
Museum, which underwent a complete restoration, was recently opened in the centre of the Old Town. It tells the history of Warsaw in a modern way. It is the first place where every tourist visiting Warsaw should go.
2. MUSEUM OF MODERN ART by the Vistula River, Wybrzeże Kościuszkowskie St. 22, www.artmuseum.pl
Temporal headquarters of the Museum of Modern Art, in a perfect location by the river, near the Warsaw University Library, the Copernicus Science Centre and the new part of the restored boulevards. The pavilion designed by Adolf Krischanitz came to us from Berlin. There is a cafe and a bookstore inside. Start your evening by the river from here.
3. NOCNY MARKET/ NIGHT MARKET, Kolejowa St. 8/10a, open Fridays and Saturdays from 5PM-1AM and Sundays 4PM-11PM.
Magical place. Food market set on a disused train platform. The best street food in town. You must eat here before you set off to one of your night parties.
4. OTWARTY JAZDÓW, Jazdów St. 3/6, www.jazdow.pl
Wander around our favourite village in the centre of the city which is an encampment of wooden Finnish houses. Part of them, under the name of the Otwarty Jazdów Project are resided by the non-governmental organisations. Thus you will find here picnics, workshops or open-air concerts. More about Jazdów here…
5. UNIVERSITY OF WARSAW BOTANICAL GARDEN, Ujazdowskie Av. 4, www.garden.eu.edu.pl
This is one of the most beautiful places for a walk in Warsaw- a big garden, full of various plants. We recommend a Chopin concert on Sundays in the nearby Łazienki Park, by the Chopin statue and then a stroll in botanical garden.
6. DEFILAD SQUARE, Defilad Sq. 1, www.placdefilad.org
The design of the theatre and Studio bar brightens up one of the biggest and saddest squares in Warsaw. In summer, in the shade of the Palace of Culture you can sit under a tree, by the long table, eat something delicious, rest. Concerts, dancing parties or movie screenings take place here. More about our biggest courtyard you can read here…
7. POKÓJ NA LATO, Grzybowska St. 79, www.1944.pl
Seasonal pavilion, full of plants designed by Marlena and Marek Happach. A place for concerts and workshops but above all this space is open to everyone and you can relax here after a visit in the nearby Warsaw Rising Museum. Admission free for all events.
8. CULTURE PARK IN POWSIN, Maślaków St. 1, www.parkpowsin.pl
You can spend a whole day in Powsin and you will feel like on holidays in a communistic resort. You will find here: swimming pools, bandshell, wooden houses with possibilities of renting sport equipment, volleyball fields, chess tables, biking routes, rope park, grill and a cafe. Access by 519 bus.
9. FEST PORT CZERNIAKOWSKI, Zaruskiego St. 8
Delicious food by the Vistula River brought to you by the owners of Bibenda. On Cypel Czerniakowski they have grill and smoke house so if you want BBQ this is the right place. Service from breakfast to supper. Dogs friendly.
10. SCULPTURE PARK, Bródnowski Park, www.artmuseum.pl
You must take a trip to Bródno Park where apart from the outdoor high end art gallery it has its own unique climate. More about the Bródno Sculpture Park here…