There are a few villa enclaves in Warsaw where you can really spend your whole day wandering around, doing some shopping, looking at exhibitions and relaxing in garden cafes. One of these is Saska Kępa. So, we recommend a walk down Francuska Street and the cross streets.
You will find gorgeous villas from the 1920s and 30s (WWII destruction didn’t completely wipe out this region of the city, check out an exhibition at BWA Warszawa gallery or Asymetria (both in Dom Funkcjonalny), have a great meal at Kuchnia Funkcjolanja and a glass of wine at Biała, in the garden of one of Saska Kępa’s most stunning villas, designed in the 1930s by Lucjan Korngold and Piotr Maria Lubińskie.
– Biała – zjedz i wypij, Francuska St. 2
– Dom Funkcjonalny, Jakubowska St. 16, www.domfunkcjonalny.org
– Francuska 30, Francuska St. 30
– Lukullus, Walecznych St. 29, www.cukiernialukullus.pl
– Cloudmine/Polly&More, Paryska St. 17, www.cloudmine.pl